Wednesday, July 18, 2012

X rays 7-18-12

Today Brian had some X-rays of his bones. He did great waiting. The ipad is our constant chemo/hospital companion.



    The tech that was positioning Brian was obviously a newbie and kinda young. When we first got in the room he asked me what was going on with Brian and why were we coming in for X rays. It was kinda mean, but I looked at the fresh young lad and said, "Brian has Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis." I knew the young man had no idea what that was. His blank stare confirmed my suspicions. I let him know that not too many people have heard of it and it is a rare disease. He kinda relaxed then started to position Brian. For some reason Brian did his scans with new positions. I am not sure if that is because he is older and more capable, or what, but typically he does everything laying down and today he did not.
 
 After several minutes and few different positions, I noticed that one of the three ladies that kept coming in and out of the room was correcting the tech and offering more instruction. She then whispered to me that the tech was new and he was getting graded on this. A few minutes later she commented that the tech got lucky because Brian was an unusually cooperative child. She said most of the children have to be chased around the room and repeatedly begged to stay still. I laughed and told her I could go whisper in Brian's ear to be silly for a little while to see what the new tech would do. The lady laughed but said no thanks.  :-) Brian did outstanding and we were in and out in a half an hour.




After his scans Brian always enjoys peeking at his bones. They are very sweet to let him look at the pictures.

Here's Brian's head.



And the sweet boys hands.


We will hear the results from the MRI (from last week) and the X rays at Brian's next chemo appointment.
 

No comments: