Saturday, July 7, 2012

From Yesterday


I have a couple of pictures of Brian from yesterday's chemo appointment. I would have posted them yesterday but we didn't have electricity. There were some severe lightening storms yesterday morning and of course, as always, our pole took a direct hit. We were without power for 26 hours. We got restored today and thankfully nothing was lost in this storm. (Remember we lost a TV a month ago). Anyway, here are some pictures of all four kids in awe as the G.P. man replaced our transformer.



   Today, Fred and I celebrate 11 years of marriage and we bought ourselves a new TV. Very romantic, I know, but we realized it was kinda a necessity for our family. As horrible as I am sure that sounds to a lot of people, I am not ashamed to admit we use our TV alot. It has helped Brian get through many, many dumpy feeling days. The TV from '99 that we pulled out and put in place of the one we lost was just not cutting it. I guess because everything is HD TV now it didn't meet standards or something. It would drive me crazy to watch something that we had seen before and know that three people should be in the scene, but our TV showed one person in the center and half of the bodies of the other two people on either side of the center person. Is that confusing? Anyway, our old TV didn't show the entire picture and it drove me crazy.
Fred and I laughed because the TV we lost in the storm a month ago was so heavy it was overwhelming for the two of us to carry out together. Our new TV probably weighs as much as our old remote control!!  :-)
Well, here is the brave boy getting a saline flush. He gets a little flush, the nurse checks for blood return, then pushes the rest of the saline through. Brian can taste the saline and he hates it!


To try and distract him from the taste the nurse let him push the rest of the saline through. He liked that. :-)

Please keep praying for Brian as he has the next three weeks to "recover". This medicine kinda works like a time release capsule and he will continue to have lower and lower counts as the next three weeks unfold. We appreciate the love and support from all of our loved ones. THANK YOU!!!

1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

There are so many people praying! I think of Brian often and pray his counts will be good this month!

Romantic or not, I know how important a t.v. is when a child is sick! My older sister was homebound for a year when she was 9 and there were 4 kids at that time. We only had one black and white t.v. and it went in her room where we would all gather to watch t.v. I'm sure she would have gone bonkers without something to watch (not that there was much back in those days) during all those days in bed!

Happy Anniversary!