Tuesday, July 31, 2012

At it again

Yesterday we started another week of chemo. Today is the big "day two" that always leaves Brian with a fever. We went for chemo as typical, taking the entire family knowing it was an in and out sort of thing. The kids were cute and enjoyed peeking out the window of the playroom from our fifth floor view.

I didn't dress them alike today and not one person stared... I wonder if my theory is correct?  :-)


  We got home around 11 and ate some lunch. Brian did not want to eat. I took his temperature and he was running a fever of 100.7. I gave him some more Zofran and cranked the AC down to 70 in our back room and put Brian on the couch in the cold room. (We have a separate split system AC in the back of our house in an addition that was added on almost twenty years after the house was built. That room can get cold!) In the cold room his fever went down to 100.5. By this time it was around 1:00 ish and Brian had been running a fever for over an hour. We called the doctor hoping that we could go to the clinic and get antibiotics and cultures taken during regular hours and avoid the ER. By two they called back and said come on in. Fred took Brian to the clinic and the other three went with me to get some groceries because we were out of everything.
  We all got home within a half hour of each other and our dear friends the Knutsons brought us dinner. We are so thankful! Laura, the peach cobbler was so fantastic I think Fred and I can finish it off by tomorrow morning.   :-)
     While Fred and I are enjoying the cobbler, Brian isn't feeling so hot. He didn't eat tonight and fell asleep in the chair while I was dishing up the kids plates. He slept through dinner and is still running a fever of 101-102.


Tomorrow morning we go back for chemo day three. Please continue to pray for Brian as this is a hard week on him emotionally and physically.
 

No comments: