Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The PET scan

                                       Brian had his PET scan at Sacred Heart this afternoon. He attempted it without sedation. They were fantastic and let him walk through what was going to happen and actually go see the machine before he was given his IV and injected with dye.  After given the dye Brian had to sit absolutely still for an hour. We watched Netflix on the ipad. The ipad is our constant chemo companion. Worth every penny!!
      



Brian "sat still" and did the entire procedure without sedation. I say "sat still" in quotes because I was in the room with him and felt like he was moving quite a lot. The tech said they got what they needed but we will see. :) 
We were proud of our boy for making it through the PET scan like a champ! Here he is posing in front of the machine. Of course blankie was with Brian too. Sir Blanks A Lot, Blankie, Kee-Kee- it has had several names through the years, but has always been within arms reach of Brian. I often think about my Aunt Carol stitching Brian's blanket together many years ago. She had no idea that the baby blanket she was making for her precious great nephew would be such a source of comfort and stability and would travel to so many things. Well, maybe she did. She saw me love on my Aunt Carol blanket for ten years. My blanket was so loved it was really shreds of yarn. Aunt Carol made me replacement blanket when I was a teenager. I have it displayed in Olivia's bedroom and my original blanket is in a drawer.
 Blankie is more than just a lovey. It kinda makes me want to learn how to knit (again) so that I can carry on the Aunt Carol tradition. She tried to teach me how to knit. My sweet Aunt Carol came over to my house a couple of weeks after Brian was born and spent a few hours with me attempting to teach me how to knit. I "got it" but being that I had a newborn and two other toddlers there wasn't much time for knitting. I don't really remember how to knit now. Anyway, Blankie and Brian made it through a PET scan without sedation!!   



No comments: