Thursday, September 13, 2012

All is Well

 Thanks for praying for Brian last week. He did get sick on day two (as always), however, we didn't have to go to the ER. That's a huge blessing.
   We had our AC on our van repaired. We are so thankful that Fred knows a good mechanic that we trust.  We aren't out an outrageous amount of money. I am pretty sure he gave us a break on labor costs because he ended up having to repair a part he replaced last summer. The warranty expired at 12 months, but the mechanic still felt bad that it went out so quickly. Very awesome. God provides.
    Brian's counts will drop over this coming week and a half. Instead of having three weeks to recover he will only have two. I guess they are trying to get him back on track after missing a week b/c of the hurricane. Plus, if they didn't try to "make that time up" he would be due to receive chemo the week of Christmas. That's not cool, so we are thankful that they are looking at things like that. We are concerned about his little body so please pray that he is able to handle chemo sooner than his body is used to.
  All is well in the Schreiber house. Thank you for loving us and praying for us.



Here are some cute pictures of Mr. Brian and his bestie and older brother, William.

These two always have tons of fun together, but when it comes to school I typically have to separate them. They are only a year apart, so there are some things that they do together. William gets SO mad if I am asking him a question and Brian yells out the answer. God has just gifted Brian with some smarts. He has never really "done" school, but he has just absorbed everything he hears Ansley and William learning. This year Brian is in Kindergarten. Yesterday I attempted to be fun Mom and we did our spelling and phonics outside. I made boys sit back to back so they couldn't see what the other was writing.
   For those of you that are curious what we are doing, we are using our All About Spelling curriculum. I LOVE it. In this picture you see me reviewing with the boys. I say a sound and they write down what they heard. Then we mix it up and I say a letter and they tell me the sounds that letter makes. For exampe, C says /k/ and /s/. They then say the rule that C says /s/ before e, i or y.



These boys are just too cute!!!





1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

Thanking God with you! Every time I read your posts, I tear up and wonder if I could be so strong, the strength of your family always makes me stand in amazement!