Monday, August 6, 2012

A great week!!

Or the title could be, "My girls are here!!!"

Here is a picture of mi familia circa 1995. We are pictured with our dear friends that are like family, the VanMeggelens. My dad, brother and Randall VM were about to leave for Uganda and we all posed for a picture before they departed. We have known the VanMegglen's since 1991, when miss Lillian was six months old and sweet Jocelyn was 22 months old. My sister, Dabney, and I were blessed to babysit for these girls. We watched Hannah and Felicity since they were born. I remember when my mom, sisters and I went to meet newborn Felicity Joy. She was screaming her head off and I remember lovingly holding her and telling her she had to stop crying because her name was  happiness and joy.
 Dabney and I had claimed them as "our girls."

Not only did we babysit, travel and spend lots of time with the VanMeggelen's, but Randall was my Bible teacher in high school. I remember the first week of my ninth grade year (which was really, really hard on me) he made me cry as he was driving me home from babysitting one night. He still likes to remind me of that twenty years later. :-)

Here we are rockin' the 90's look.

When Fred and I moved to central Florida in 2007 we were just 25 minutes from the VanMeggelen's house. The girls I babysat were now babysitting for my kids, and Randall and Tina had a fifth daughter that is just 11 months older than Ansley. It is SO MUCH FUN to spend time with their family.

Last October Ansley and Olivia had the privilege to be flower girls in Lillian's wedding.


This week Hannah and Felicity are here in P'cola at our house to visit and help us celebrate Brian's sixth birthday on Friday. It is so special to me that "my girls" have my children as "theirs".
Hannah and Felicity playing one of MANY Go Fish or Old Maid card games. My kids LOVE Go Fish and Old Maid.

We love our VanMeggelen family and we are SO EXCITED to spend this week with Hannah and Felicity!!!!



No comments: