Friday, June 29, 2012

Lost Some Teeth

Monday June 25 Brian lost his first tooth, naturally. He has had eight teeth surgically removed (all four of his one year old molars in Dec. 2009 and all four of his two year old molars in Dec 2010). This was his first tooth to wiggle out. We had a friend come over to watch the kids so I could run some errands.  She came since Brian was neutropenic and we didn't want to take him out to Publix, etc.. She and I were talking, and Brian walked up holding his hand out and said, "it just came out..."

I was floored. I didn't know what he was talking about until I saw the teeny tiny tooth. Since he grinds his teeth his little chompers are super small. Anyway, our older two children have lost multiple teeth and it has always involved some tears or fearful "NO! Don't try to wiggle it!" comments. Brian didn't even let on that his tooth was barely hanging in there. When it came out he was super excited about the idea of the tooth fairy giving him some money.

Here is the brave boy on Monday after his first tooth came out.



Just a couple days later on Thursday Mr. Brian came to me and said he was trying to pull his tooth out because it hurt. He had toilet paper and was really trying to yank it out. I asked  him if he wanted me to try and pull it out. He said yes. I pulled it out and he had no reaction. No cries, no hesitation, no drama...this boy has been through so much he is quite a tough cookie.

Here is the grinning boy on Thursday evening with two missing bottom teeth.

1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

Bless his sweet heart! Look at that smile! He probably thought that was nothing with all he's been through!